CBD Mocktails to Cool Off This Summer
It’s going to be a hot one this year. Thankfully, one of the best ways we can start cooling off this summer is through CBD mocktails. These drinks are carefully crafted cocktails, but instead of alcohol, you have perfectly dosed CBD. With this kind of concoction, you’ll be sure to kick back, relax, and enjoy the summer sun right by the pool.
Below, we’ve listed five of our favorite CBD mocktail recipes we’ve come across this year. From fruity to savory and everything in between, there’s sure to be the ideal mocktail for your summertime fun. Let’s get started.
First, What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, or better known as CBD is one of hundreds of chemical compounds found in cannabis. Like THC, it’s a cannabinoid that is one of the most well-known and well-studied active components in the plant yet it is mainly found in hemp — a non psychoactive
cannabis species. While THC is known for providing that popular “high” sensation, CBD is mainly used for medicinal purposes and therefore, will not cause an intoxicating effect in the body. CBD has been used as a natural remedy for a number of ailments including pain, anxiety, inflammation and many others.
As a result, CBD has become a loved health solution among consumers who wish to enjoy the power of plants without the high.
Papa’s Bloody Virgin Mary
We came across this recipe through Papa & Barkley’s site (hence the name). This mocktail is a mouth-watering version of a traditional Bloody Mary using your favorite CBD oil instead. If you tend to be a fan of spicy, more savory drinks during your time off, this recipe is for you. Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
Serving Size: One drink
1 dropper of your favorite CBD oil
4 oz. of tomato juice
3 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
¼ oz. of lemon juice
A pinch of smoked salt
A pinch of coarse pepper
A pinch of celery salt
Celery, pickles, olives, lemon wedge, or cocktail onion for garnish
1. To make this super-simple mocktail, you’ll start by putting the tomato juice, Worcestershire, lemon juice, salts, and pepper over ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake well, until all ingredients are seamlessly mixed.
2. Strain your mocktail over ice, and then add one full dropper of your go-to CBD oil. (If you want something more potent, you can always add more.) Using a spoon or stir stick, gently stir the CBD extract into the mix until it appears blended.
3. Garnish your Papa’s Bloody Virgin Mary with whatever Bloody Mary garnishes you prefer, and enjoy!
CBD Cherry and Kombucha Mocktail
Looking for something a bit fruitier than a virgin Bloody Mary? We got you. Luna came across this CBD Cherry and Kombucha mocktail from The Naturx, and it sounds absolutely divine for the summertime. This fruity, bubbly drink doesn’t contain any alcohol; instead, it has fermented tea stuffed with probiotics. This is how you’ll make this tasty CBD mocktail:
Serving Size: One drink
¼ cup of tart cherry juice
1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
¼ teaspoon of CBD oil of your choosing
½ cup of plain kombucha
Ice cubes for serving
1 teaspoon of pomegranate seeds for garnishing
1. To make this recipe, you’ll want to start by grabbing a medium-sized pouring or cocktail glass. Inside, add the cherry juice, lemon juice, and drops of CBD oil.
2. Then, carefully fill your cup with as many ice cubes as you want. (Do this slowly, as you don’t want to spill!) Once you’ve added your ice cubes, top your drink off with the plain kombucha.
3. Finally, using a spoon or stir stick, make sure all ingredients are properly mixed together. The kombucha will add a bit of fizziness, so keep this in mind while stirring. At last, you’ll top your cherry mocktail off with some pomegranate seeds and enjoy. How much easier can it get?
CBD Elderberry Lemonade Mocktail
Anything lemonade-based is a win for the hot summer months. This CBD mocktail recipe hails from Ganjapreneurgal and is one of the most refreshing mocktails I’ve had in quite some time. I mean, elderberry and lemonade? My immune system says, “yes, please.” We’ll show you how to craft this tasty drink:
Serving size: One drink
1 oz. of organic elderberry syrup
¾ oz of lemon juice and zest
1 full dropper of your CBD tincture of choice
1 lemon LaCroix sparkling water
½ cup of ice
Rosemary sprigs for garnishing
1. First, start by adding your elderberry syrup, lemon juice, and CBD oil in a glass over ice. Using a spoon or stir stick, mix your ingredients together well, ensuring there’s no strange separation.
2. Then, take your can of LaCroix and use it to top off your mocktail. Add as much as you want! It just depends on how fizzy and lemony you want your cocktail to be. Mix the drink one more time, being careful not to cause too much carbonation.
3. Now, take your lemon zest and rosemary spring and add them to your drink as a garnish. Again, you can add as much or as little as you want. It’s all up to you! With this, you’re all set and ready to enjoy your summertime mocktails by the pool.
Mint to Be
Rosebud CBD cleverly named this CBD mocktail filled with honey, blackberries, and, of course, mint. (We know, our mouths are watering, too.) We liked this CBD mocktail for its unique flavor profile and slight break from the typical citrus-forward beverages we’re used to making. This Mint to Be mocktail is perfect for trying something new this summer! Here’s how you can craft this delicious drink for yourself and a loved one:
Serving Size: Two drinks
At least 10 fresh blackberries
¼ cup of honey
Handful of fresh mint leaves (about 10), plus more for garnish
½ cup of lemon juice
½ cup of water
2 cups of seltzer
1.0 ML of your go-to CBD oil
1. For this refreshing mocktail, start by muddling the blackberries, honey, and mint until they’re well blended. We suggest using a cocktail shaker for this, but you can also try something like a spill-proof coffee mug.
2. Then, combine this with your CBD, lemon juice, and water. Shake once again, making sure everything comes together nicely.
3. Grab two glasses and fill them both with ice. Next, strain your mocktail over the ice and top it with a seltzer of your choice. Again, add as much or as little as you’d like.
4. Finally, garnish your drink with some blackberries and mint leaves, and start sipping. Soon, you’ll be able to take sitting back and relaxing to a whole new level with your CBD drink.
It’s just not summer without any piña coladas. But, if you’re trying to avoid alcohol, finding a good virgin colada isn’t always easy. Thankfully, we have you covered. This CBD Colada recipe comes from Jenny’s Baked at Home, and it’s one the easiest, best mocktail recipes for these hot months. This is how you’ll craft these beverages for you and all of your friends:
Serving Size: One drink
1.5 oz. of water
½ teaspoon of almond extract
1 oz. of coconut cream
¾ oz. of lime juice
¾ oz. of CBD simple syrup (one dropper of CBD, and equal parts water and sugar)
1. Start this recipe off by mashing your blackberries with your CBD-infused simple syrup. Again, we’d suggest doing this in a cocktail shaker if you have one!
2. Once you’ve done that, go ahead and add the almond extract, water, lime juice, and coconut cream. Make sure to shake these ingredients vigorously to ensure they all blend well. You don’t want any separation!
3. Now, take a glass and fill it with some crushed ice. Strain the mocktail over ice, and you’re ready to serve. Delicious and easy to make? Count us in.